44 Hard Riddles For Adults With Answers

44 Hard Riddles For Adults With Answers


1.Who makes it, has no need of it.

Who buys it, has no use for it.

Who uses it can neither see nor feel it.

What is it?

Answer

A coffin.


2.What can travel around the world while staying in a corner?

Answer

A stamp.


3.What has to be broken before you use it?

Answer

An egg.


4.What has many keys but can't open a single lock?

Answer

A piano.


5.What tastes better than it smells?

Answer

A tongue.


6.What has a bottom at the top?

Answer

Legs.


7.I am an odd number. Take away a letter and I become even. What number am I?

Answer

Seven.


8.If two's company, and three's a crowd, what are four and five?

Answer

Nine.


9.During which month do people sleep the least?

Answer

February (there are fewer nights in February).


10.What is made of water but if you put it into water it will die?

Answer

An ice cube.


11.I'm tall when I'm young and I'm short when I'm old. What am I?

Answer

A candle.


12.What has hands but can not clap?

Answer

A clock.


13.You can drop me from the tallest building and I'll be fine, but if you drop me in water I die. What am I?

Answer

Paper.


14.What has a head and a tail, but no body?

Answer

A coin.


15.What has an eye but can not see?

Answer

A needle.


16.What gets wetter and wetter the more it dries?

Answer

A towel.


17.Paul's height is six feet, he's an assistant at a butcher's shop, and wears size 9 shoes. What does he weigh?

Answer

Meat.


18.There was a green house. Inside the green house there was a white house. Inside the white house there was a red house. Inside the red house there were lots of babies. What is it?

Answer

Watermelon.


19.What kind of room has no doors or windows?

Answer

A mushroom.


20.Which creature walks on four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon, and three legs in the evening?

Answer

Man. He crawls on all fours as a baby, then walks on two feet as an adult, and then walks with a cane as an old man.


21.Which word in the dictionary is spelled incorrectly?

Answer

Incorrectly.


22.If you have me, you want to answer me. If you answer me, you haven't got me. What am I?

Answer

Secret.


23.What gets broken without being held?

Answer

A promise.


24.Feed me and I live, yet give me a drink and I die.

Answer

Fire.


25.A man is pushing his car along the road when he comes to a hotel. He shouts, "I'm bankrupt!" Why?

Answer

He was playing Monopoly.


26.How many of each species did Moses take on the ark with him?

Answer

None, Moses wasn't on the ark Noah was.


27.Forward I am heavy, but backward I am not. What am I?

Answer

Forward I am ton, backwards I am not.


28.He has married many women, but has never been married. Who is he?

Answer

A priest.


29.Take off my skin - I won't cry, but you will! What am I?

Answer

An onion.


30.Imagine you are in a dark room. How do you get out?

Answer

Stop imagining.


31.What invention lets you look right through a wall?

Answer

A window.


32.What can you catch but not throw?

Answer

A cold.


33.What is at the end of a rainbow?

Answer

The letter W.


34.What is as light as a feather, but even the world's strongest man couldn't hold it for more than a minute?

Answer

His breath.


35.Which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of bricks?

Answer

Neither, they both weigh one pound.


36.What occurs once in every minute, twice in every moment, yet never in a thousand years?

Answer

The letter m.


37.What is black and white and red all over?

Answer

A newspaper.


38.What has a neck but no head?

Answer

A bottle.


39.When is a door not a door?

Answer

When it's ajar.


40.What goes up but never comes down?

Answer

Age.


41.There are three men in a boat with four cigarettes but no matches. How do they manage to smoke?

Answer

They throw one cigarette overboard and made the boat a cigarette lighter.


42.What room can no one enter?

Answer

A mushroom.


43.What is always on its way but never arrives?

Answer

Tomorrow.


44.When is a man drowned, but still not wet?

Answer

When he's trapped in quicksand.

Previous
Next Post »