11 Hard riddles for kids With Answers

11 Hard riddles for kids With Answers

1. I go all around the world, but never leave the corner. What am I?

Answer: A stamp.


2. You’ll find me in Mercury, Earth, Mars and Jupiter, but not in Venus or Neptune. What am I?

Answer: The letter “R.”


3. What can go up a chimney down, but can’t go down a chimney up?

Answer: An umbrella. If your umbrella is “down,” it can fit through a chimney, but if it’s “up,” it won’t fit!


4. I make a loud sound when I’m changing. When I do change, I get bigger but weigh less. What am I?

Answer: Popcorn.


5. A bus driver was heading down a busy street in the city. He went past three stop signs without stopping, went the wrong way down a one-way street, and answered a message on his phone. But the bus driver didn’t break any traffic laws. How? 

Answer: He was walking, not driving. (This riddle adds irrelevant information to deceive the reader. You expect that since he’s a bus driver, he’s currently driving the bus — but it never actually says that!)


6. It has keys, but no locks. It has space, but no room. You can enter, but can’t go inside. What is it?

Answer: A keyboard.


7. I can fill a room, but I take up no space. What am I?

Answer: Light.


8. It’s the only place in the world where today comes before yesterday. Where is it?

Answer: The dictionary.


9. If I have it, I don’t share it. If I share it, I don’t have it. What is it?

Answer: A secret.


10. What goes away as soon as you talk about it?

Answer: Silence.


11. A railroad crossing without any cars. Can you spell that without any R’s?

Answer: T-H-A-T (This one is tricky! It makes readers think they’re supposed to describe the scenario without using the letter “R.” But the first sentence was actually used to distract the reader from the real question.)

Previous
Next Post »